Saturday, December 29, 2012

Catching up: Nightlife

Making a list of the nightlife I have experienced in NYC.  Hope I am not missing anything!
  • Peculier Pub (Bleecker St)
  • Blind Tiger (Bleecker St)
  • Death and Co. (East Village)
  • Shoolbred's (East Village)
  • Bourgeois Pig (East Village)
  • Blarney Cove (East Village)
  • Decibel Sake Bar (East Village)
  • The Living Room (Lower East Side)
  • Amsterdam Tavern (UWS)
  • Cleopatra's Needle (UWS)
  • Hi-Life (UWS)
  • Pourhouse (UWS)
  • Bier International (Harlem)
  • Rudy's (Hell's Kitchen)
  • Three Monkeys (Midtown)
I really enjoyed Death & Co. and the Bourgeois Pig, what can I say, I love speakeasies and all their champagne cocktails!  Not a fan of midtown and everything in it, so I didn't like midtown much.  I almost got into a fistfight with a woman at Cleopatra's Needle, so perhaps I should not go back there and show my face.  I'm kind of over Bleecker St. -- I'm too old to be hanging out on Bleecker St.  I know it doesn't look like it my dear readers, but it is definitely true!  The Living Room was really fun -- there was a singer by the name of Kiddo and I got her CD upon leaving.  I should check out more live music venues in the city!  In summary, I will visit these places again:
  • Death and Co. (East Village)
  • Shoolbred's (East Village)
  • Bourgeois Pig (East Village)
  • The Living Room (Lower East Side)
  • Amsterdam Tavern (UWS)
  • Hi-Life (UWS)
  • Bier International (Harlem)
The beer selection at Bier International was amazing and I especially enjoyed the sampler flight.  I hope to visit Jimmy's 43 for beer flights!  (see a theme?  East Village + beer flights).

No comments:

Post a Comment