- Think Coffee (Mercer St) -- so crowded, so loud, so hot
- Think Coffee (14th St) -- pretty nice, but also very dark. also had weird run-ins with people waiting to use the rest room.
- Joe's the Art of Coffee (near Columbia) -- excellent pour-over coffee, but too much traffic to really work here. lots of big windows!
- Yippie Museum and Cafe (Bleecker St) -- i can't believe there is such a quiet place to work in NYC. i love everything about this place -- that is has fresh juices on the menu, a green smoothie, vegan baked goods, cartoons of evil people on the wall (such as bernie maddoff) and giant pot mural on the wall
- Ost Cafe (East Village) -- great coffee, great cookies, great everything (except the limit on wifi -- one hour per purchase)
- Birch Cafe (Chelsea) -- nice coffee shop, but limited windows. also a limit on wifi -- one hour per purchase
It's difficult to say if I will be going back to any of these coffee houses. I think I am in need of a new venue to work. I really did like Ost Cafe, but it is pretty far away from where I live, so it takes a while for me to get there. I'm open to more suggestions that any of my readers might have! I definitely will not be working at a Starbucks, a.k.a. the public restrooms of New York.