Thursday, January 3, 2013

Catching up: Coffee Houses...

Being an academic, I have grand plans to frequent the many coffee houses in NYC.  So far I have been to:

  • Think Coffee (Mercer St) -- so crowded, so loud, so hot

  • Think Coffee (14th St) -- pretty nice, but also very dark.  also had weird run-ins with people waiting to use the rest room.

  • Joe's the Art of Coffee (near Columbia) -- excellent pour-over coffee, but too much traffic to really work here.  lots of big windows!

  • Yippie Museum and Cafe (Bleecker St) -- i can't believe there is such a quiet place to work in NYC.  i love everything about this place -- that is has fresh juices on the menu, a green smoothie, vegan baked goods, cartoons of evil people on the wall (such as bernie maddoff) and giant pot mural on the wall

  • Ost Cafe (East Village) -- great coffee, great cookies, great everything (except the limit on wifi -- one hour per purchase)

  • Birch Cafe (Chelsea) -- nice coffee shop, but limited windows.  also a limit on wifi -- one hour per purchase


It's difficult to say if I will be going back to any of these coffee houses.  I think I am in need of a new venue to work.  I really did like Ost Cafe, but it is pretty far away from where I live, so it takes a while for me to get there. I'm open to more suggestions that any of my readers might have!  I definitely will not be working at a Starbucks, a.k.a. the public restrooms of New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment