Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Rush tickets for students!

Given that I don't have an unlimited budget in New York, I'm always looking for good deals for students.  One of the great things about New York is that there are always amazing broadway shows with great actors/actresses and thankfullly, many of them offer student and rush tickets.  In addition, a number of Off-Broadway shows also offer student and rush tickets.  I've seen three broadway shows in New York in the past 2 years: Spiderman, Anything Goes, and Jersey Boys.  Anything Goes was by far my favorite.  Spiderman and Jersey Boys was just meh.  I am hoping to see The Book of Mormon, Rock of Ages, Once, The Heiress and A Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.  The Heiress has Jessica Chastain, David Strathairn and Matthew Crawley (oh yes!).  A Cat on a Hot Tin Roof has Scarlett Johansson.  Among the off-broadway shows, I am interested in Tribes and Forbidden Broadway.  I wonder if these student and rush tickets are worth it -- If the seats are so far back that it is just worth it to pay full price for a ticket to sit closer.  I got tickets to Anything Goes from TKTS and I wished the tickets were closer, but perhaps I will experiment with showing up as soon as the box office opens to see what kind of tickets I can get.


No comments:

Post a Comment